Congratulations on your pregnancy! We hope you'll find answers to many of your questions about doulas here.
Doulas of the Southwest is a group of independent, private doulas who meet together to educate expectant parents on the role of a doula. We are not a collective, co-op, or an agency, but an affiliation of private doulas who support each other's work and provide information on perinatal topics and doula care in the greater Albuquerque community.
We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions by phone, email, contact form, or in person at our monthly mini-classes.
Benefits of Doulas
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience
"The Evidence for Doulas," Evidence Based Birth.